International Symposium on Paleoanthropology in Commemoration of
the 90th Anniversary of the Discovery of the First Skullcap of Peking Man
- Date: December 2-4, 2019
- Venue: Xiyuan Hotel, Beijing
- First Circular (English, 中文)
- Theme: Environment changes and prehistoric human migration and interaction
- Organizer: Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology, Chinese Academy of Sciences;
Co-organizer: the Site Museum at Zhoukoudian
- Hominid origin in Asia and the skeletal and cultural evidence for the dispersal of Homo erectus across Eurasia and its chronological frameworks;
- Research progress and prospects in origin(s) and the dispersal of modern humans?perspectives from fossils, cultural remains and ancient DNA;
- Impact of environmental changes on human evolution, migration and population interactions.
- Dec 1, 2019: Registration, Xiyuan Hotel, Beijing
- Dec 2, 2019: Morning: Opening ceremony; Celebrating the 90th anniversary of the founding of IVPP; Plenary speeches; Afternoon: keynote sessions;
- Dec 3, 2019:Mid-Excursion to the site museum at Zhoukoudian; Ceremony in Commemoration of the 90th Anniversary of the Discovery of the First Skullcap of Peking Man
- Dec 4, 2019: Regular sessions and discussion.